Saturday, February 1, 2014

Last night was our first official night out with our group of friends, and about 100+ other American students, who wanted to partake in the Pub Crawl. As this giant herd of people are racing through the small streets and alley ways of Florence, I notice how all the local Italians are staring at us and probably judging us... Oh well. This pub crawl was a good way to see the city and figure out how to get to some of the bars around our area ( not that I can remember how to get back to some of them!) So our first stop was called the Lion's Fountain! This place was really cool and it was definitely catered to American study abroad students. All over the walls and ceilings were college t-shirts and signatures of students who had been there in the past (we plan to go back to sign the shirt another night) Then we were off to the next bar, Naima, we were greeted with free welcome shots and they were giving us special offers on drinks. At Naima, I made a friend, kinda, we were just chatting at the bar and he gave me his number but he was your typical American douchebag and that's definitely not my type. So as we spent more time at Naima and enjoyed our drinks, the pub crawl decided to continue on to the next bar. Now, one thing I learned from my last trip to Italy with my family was, as Grandy said, "if we deviate there will be chaos!" Well, we deviated from the plan and the group and boy was there chaos (don't worry we were all safe and fine, just lost). We tried our best to find the third bar called The Old Stove and we asked multiple people and it seems like all the Italians had this code where they give you minimal directions and you wind up traveling in a circle. So after about a half our or so, we stumbled upon the club we remember was the last stop on the pub crawl, 21! This place was my least favorite stop on our adventure but I still managed to enjoy myself. This place was like a GIANT frat party, on steroids. The DJ played old music that was popular on our radio like 5 years ago! We danced a bit and had a good time but then we decided to leave and venture on home.

Over all, it was a good night and I had fun! I'm not sure what's going on today or tonight but we are just going with the flow!


Sorry this post was kind of boring but I just wanted you guys to be up to date... also funny stories don't translate in type.


LOVE YOU BYEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment