Thursday, January 30, 2014

Let's Catch Up!


Ciao!

I decided to blog about my new lovely life in Florence, Italy because I have received a few requests! (Avery, your dream has come true, I'm writing a blog.) I'm sure that writing down my experiences won't do them justice but it's worth a shot.
So let me recap on a few things and I will try to make this quick!

Travel Day/First Day:
Jess and I traveled to the airport together and on the car ride down we enjoyed (a little too much) Prosecco to toast to our new and exciting life! Needless to say our time checking in and security was a blur to us. We then met Mallory at the gate and we were ready for take off! Flying AirFrance is always quite a treat with their impeccable customer service and love of Americans (can you sense my sarcasm?) Jess and I were quickly reprimanded for the size of our carry-on luggages. I’m sure to people watching it was quite a scene to see the two of us trying to put them in the overhead compartment when they are quite large and I can’t reach the overhead #shortyprobs. So now lets fast forward to our arrival in FIRENZE! Mallory, Jess and I crammed into a cab with our suitcases (3 for each). We got our keys  and traveled to our apartment! We were very fortunate to have an elevator in our lobby so we didn’t have to lug our giant suitcases up to the 3rd floor.
After unpacking, getting to know our roommates and exploring a little bit, we went to dinner across the Ponte Vechio, to a place that offers unlimited wine to students! It was a great time and a great first meal. After much debate of whether to catch up on sleep or enjoy the evening, Jess and I decided to join our other roommates for a night out to a bar! All in all, it was a great first day in our new city!

Day Two:
After sleeping in, we woke up and got ready to attend our orientation. Off of Jess and I’s room, we have a balcony with giant shutters on them. This morning I opened them to allow the natural light in and as I was doing so, I noticed someone taking a picture of me and it made me laugh. Today wasn’t very exciting because we had a long orientation (took up most of the day) and then we had to wait in our apartment for our landlord to meet us and show us how appliances work in the apartment. Also, it has been raining all day but it can’t bring me down in this beautiful city!

That’s all that I can say about our first day or so here!! I will keep you up to date on the happenings in my new life so stay tuned :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment