Monday, February 3, 2014

My Walk to School is Better than Yours!!!

So today marked my first day of classes, I should say class because I only have one. This morning Jess and I walked over to the book store to buy some supplies. This store was no where near an Office Maxx or Staples. It was a little whole in the wall store run by an old little Italian woman. I think that is one of my favorite things about Italy, the charm that every street, building and sign has throughout the cities and towns.

I had to wait all day, until 5:45, to make my way to my first class located at Via del Giglio,15. I was rushing to make my way to class and I was nervous that I would get lost so I didn't have time to admire the beauty of my surroundings. As I was on my walk home, I took the scenic route (not on purpose, I got lost because I wanted to get home without my map) and I noticed that I walk every day around some of the most famous buildings, monuments, and bridges in Italian history, not to mention incredibly nice and high end stores. I pass the Ufizi, the Duomo, the statue of David, and on a daily basis, I can see the Ponte Vechio from my bedroom window. I walk across the Arno River every time I grocery shop, want to check out some restaurants or bars on the other side of the Ponte Vechio.

My point is, even though I come from a beautiful school with beautiful new buildings and pristine landscaping and perfectly manicured lawns, I find more beauty in these riggy, cobble stone streets or the old buildings and bridges and monuments. They have so much history to offer and I can't wait to explore more!



***Tomorrow night I will try to take pictures of my walk to class.

No comments:

Post a Comment